Thursday, September 11, 2008

You tube and lost videos

As I have been informed by professor Jankowski, the video I have posted in my last post, was no longer available trough the link I have provided. As I promised then I have tried to find the same video but I was not successful. It was as if the video disappeared, it obviously too aggressive and as it had a very strong biblical sub tone it must have been perceived as offensive. I have noticed several times trough the past several months that there were videos that have been removed from the you tube and their links suspended. These mainly were all crossing that thin line of good taste which in politics is so difficult to find. I am sorry for not making a transcript of the text that was used in the video, as it was a perfect example of over the line negative campaign. Just to show you where I believe that the inspiration for that video really came from i want you to have a look at the first negative ad titled "The One" posted by the McCain campaign. Just listen how Obama is shown as a sort of a messiah and that at the end there is the movie "the Ten Commandments" staring Charlton Heston as Moses.

No comments: