Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And I am back

As you can see I have not made a post for over two weeks, this is due to the hours I have had to spend at work (I had several up to 18 hours consecutive shifts- I can assure you I was wrecked) and there was no new media available for use in sight. In the mean while the American election has reached its boiling point I have been following information for the whole day on www.ccn.com , www.pollster.com and http://www.buzzmachine.com/
That I have all added amongst my recommended links. The last is the blog of Jeff Jarvis a famous journalist which also writes about the election and internet. Very cool stuff, what I find very interesting are the comments to his posts.

What you might notice is that I have changed the image of my blog and that there are some minor new changes.

I have also been thinking about the project that I have set to do and have come to an important conclusion and that is that there are really not enough relevant music videos being posted in the past weeks for them to really matter. I have therefore decided I will have to amplify my line research onto the use of general video posts focusing primarily on you tube that where the postings are the most popular. Also, I shall look at the videos that are being posted on the sites of the candidates. I believe that this change is not too drastic as I have been thinking about it quite a lot. The fact is that most of the music videos which can be found on the internet in relation to political topics are spoofs and parodies which in many cases are of a very poor quality and are often just trying to insult the opposing candidates and are often produced without any original musical material.

I hope to see the entire group tomorrow at eight on online.

Best regards,

J

No comments: